TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
Spence gathers only the customer information that we need to administer our business, provide superior service and communicate with you about our business. As the collection of information is facilitated through technological advances such as the Internet, we have re-established our commitment to protecting your personal information.
- Limiting Collection: Our collection of personal information is limited to what is reasonable for operation of our business or intended business under the circumstances and your information will be used only for the purpose for which it is collected.
- Security: We endeavor to keep your personal information confidential and secure, and we do not intentionally disclose it to anyone outside our company without your consent, unless required by law.
- Access: You have the right to access your own personal information, and to correct any inaccuracies.
OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH YOU IS IMPORTANT TO US
We want to provide you with value added service on an ongoing basis and to establish a long-lasting relationship with you that will grow and change to meet your needs.
- identify you
- establish and maintain a relationship with you, and to provide you with ongoing service
- protect you, and us, against error and fraud
- comply with legal requirements
- fulfill orders and requests for products or services, or information
- to process your order including tracking and confirming online orders
- forward delivery of your order
- processing returns or exchanges
- processing billing information, transaction and credit card information
- should you choose to register an account with us, your account registration information including your personal contact details
Your personal information may also be used to create statistics about our business. These statistics would not contain any information that could identify you personally.
We also collect non-personally identifiable information through the use of clickstreaming and web beacons. Data, such as your IP address, browser type, domain name, and specific web pages through which you click, is gathered in order to gain a better understanding of site development needs. This data is collected automatically and utilized in aggregate to help us look for trends so that we can improve our web site and your user experience.
We also may provide information to regulatory authorities and law enforcement officials in accordance with applicable law or when we otherwise believe in good faith that the law requires it. In the event of a sale of all or part of one of our businesses, we may share customer information related to that business as part of the transaction.
"Cookies" are small pieces of information that are stored by the browser on your hard drive. Spence may store some information on the visitor's computer in the form of a cookie or similar file. The cookies allow us to recognize you when you return to our site and to provide you with a customized experience that we feel will be of value to you. For example, these files allow us to tailor your user experience to reflect your expressed interests and preferences.
Most web browsers allow you to exercise control over cookie files on your computer by erasing them, blocking them, or notifying you when such a file is stored. Please take a look at your particular browser for instructions on this function. If you do elect to disable a Spence cookie, please note that you may not be able to take full advantage of a personalized experience.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have endeavored to put in place and maintain reasonable industry recognized security measures in an effort to protect the security of your personal information. However, no transmission over the internet is 100% secure. We cannot guarantee that information disclosed through the internet cannot be intercepted by third parties. From time to time, we store personal information in or outside of Canada.
If you have questions, concerns, or complaints about your privacy or your personal information, you may contact us by mail, phone or email. We will inform you of our complaint procedures and will assist you in resolving the situation.